So I’ve been thinking a little bit lately about turning forty in a couple of years (I know, I’m really jumping the gun here but hey, it’s good to plan ahead, right?). And thought I’d share a list of things I would like to achieve before I actually turn forty. I was going to try and come up with 40 things to do before I am forty but that list got a little silly so I’ll just start with ten things.
Now there are things I’m not going to include on the list (things such as get married and win the lottery) because those are probably not going to happen and I can’t take any steps to make those things happen (well, I could actually buy the lottery ticket to increase my chance of winning but probably not going to happen).
I would love to knock everyone of these things off of my list but a lot of them are going to cost money and some of them take a lot of time to prepare for so I may only get a few of them completed.
Without further ado, my list of things to do before I turn forty:
1. complete another half ironman triathlon
2. figure out the coding to add pictures, etc to this blog
3. visit New York City
4. Leave the Country. Take a vacation outside of the United States
5. Visit Washington DC
6. Get to my goal weight (this seems impossible to me some days but I’m going to keep trying)
7. complete a century bike ride (112 miles)
8. visit some places in Tennessee I have not yet been to–The Smoky Mountains, Fall Creek Falls
9. Say the sinner’s prayer with one of my Sunday school kids
10. Buy my own house